LiteSpeed is now enabled on all new IceStorm.com SSD Web Hosting Plans! LiteSpeed Web Server is a high-performance web server that replaces the basic Apache Web Server found in other providers.
LiteSpeed can be up to 533% faster than Apache 2.4 with static files and up to 4506% faster than Apache 2.4 with PHP scripts! See the benchmarks here. Combined with SSD Technology, LiteSpeed Web Server makes our web hosting platform the fastest possible!
What does LiteSpeed mean for you?
1. LiteSpeed Means Faster Websites
LiteSpeed Web Server handles Internet connections faster and more efficiently. This leads to improved static content speed and the fastest web applications. This means web apps like WordPress and Magento run the fastest on our LiteSpeed servers.
2. LiteSpeed Means Better Security
LiteSpeed Web Server is mod_security compatible and has built-in anti-DDoS features. LiteSpeed’s team of developers works constantly to address the Internet’s newest security issues and release security updates as soon as new attack methods become known.
3. LiteSpeed Means more Profits
If you operate a business website, highly visited blog, or e-commerce store, you cannot afford any type of slowdown on your website. LiteSpeed will negate all worries in regards to website performance. A faster website means more profits!
LiteSpeed Performance and Security Features:
- Event-driven architecture for high-performance and low resource usage
- Handles hundreds of thousands of connections without CPU or RAM spikes
- Asynchronous I/O support
- LiteSpeed’s exclusive server API (LSAPI) delivers the best dynamic content performance
- Unrivaled PHP suEXEC performance for shared hosting
- Static content up to 5x faster than Apache
- Dynamic content up to 40x faster than Apache
- HTTPS 3x faster than Apache
- Available built-in page caching
- Advanced .htaccess caching removes the performance bottlenecks .htaccess causes in Apache
- CloudLinux LVE compatibility
- Increases scalability of web applications
- Zero downtime configuration changes and server software upgrade
- Recovers from service failure instantly
- mod_security compatibility
- Anti SSL BEAST and renegotiation attack capabilities
- Strict HTTP request validation
- Denies buffer-overrun attempts
- CloudLinux CageFS compatibility